Friday, February 11, 2011

Vacation Day 10- Disney Day 3- Wednesday

My cuties!!
Animal Kingdom
Wednesday was a slower day.  We needed a day to recoup and it worked out nicely that the Animal Kingdom was only open from 10-5 that day.  I snapped these adorable pictures of the kids playing at the bus stop.  I'm telling you, Disney Transportation is the way to go.  I absolutely LOVE this picture of Jared all relaxed and smiling.  For some reason when Jared kicks back and relaxes, it totally relaxes me.


The Kilimanjaro Safari was the highlight of the day.  It was so neat to go through each animal's habitat and see them in their environment.  And the bus was just a fun relaxing way to see it.  There were lots of other fun animal shows and things to see, but the Safari was the best. 


We did get a picture with Flick from A Bug's Life. 


For lunch we went to the best BBQ joint- the Flame Tree Barbeque.  It was on our DDP plan and, even though the line was quite long, they cranked us through there and we got out with meals for the whole family in just a few minutes.  We ate in a nearby picnic area and had a quite meal. Best fast food I've ever had!


We were on our way back to our room by 5:15.  But the best part of the day was yet to come.  I had planned ahead for the fact that this would be our early day, and I had already hired a Disney babysitter to come to our room and watch the kiddos so Jared and I could go have a date night. 
We took the kids for a quick dip at the fun pool at our resort and then had Katie and Ethan in bed by 7pm.  Jared and I got all dressed up for our night out.  The babysitter rang the bell at 6:45 and came loaded with activities and fun things to do with the boys.  So fun!!  I'm not at all one to leave my kids with someone I don't know, but there was a detailed form to fill out, they have a lengthy hiring process for these sitters, and I had asked LOTS of questions on forums about these sitters and I had only heard sparkling reviews.

 I had made 2 dinner reservations for us, because I couldn't decide which one we'd like better (and I'd found coupons too :) Anyway, we got to the Dolphin Resort and took a look at both places.
Todd English's bluezoo
Bluezoo- super fun looking environment!

Shula's Steak House
Shula's Steakhouse- BEST meal of my life.

We decided on Shula's because we're steak lovers at heart (even though I do enjoy fish), and boy was it the right choice. First of all, we were one of 3 couples in the whole place, so they seated us in our own room of the restaurant and then we were introduced to our 3 waiters- one for drinks, one for taking orders, and one for delivering.  It was so formal and fun.  I was really glad I'd dressed up for the occasion.  (I wish I'd snapped a picture of us because I don't get to get dressed up very often).  Anyway, one waiter came out with a rolling cart and a dozen pieces of steak all wrapped in plastic so he could show us the advantages and disadvantages of each cut.  So that was informative.  I was interested in the lobster tail and filet minion, but wasn't going to get it for the price it cost.  Jared ordered it anyway.  We also got bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp with barbeque sauce, which might not sound that good, but was OH SO GOOD.  Then our meals arrived and each bite was like heaven.  The lobster was so sweet and the steak just melted in my mouth.  We are still enjoying that meal now, because we often reminisce about how incredible it was.  The waiter surprised us with creme brulee for dessert- which was, of course, wonderful.  By the time we tipped all 3 waiters and paid for the meal, it was about $250!!  It was by FAR the most expensive meal we've ever had, but it was so fun and different and SO GOOD.  Shula's holds a special place in our hearts as the best meal of our lives.

After dinner we walked down by the water outside the Dolphin Resort and enjoyed the warm night air.  It was so very lovely.  We got back to our room around 11pm to find the sitter had everyone asleep and the cabin was in complete order.  Everything had gone wonderfully.

It was another perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment