Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mr. Obvious

Summer must be killing my kids' brain cells. Here are a few examples why I say this:
- The other day Hunter actually bit a broken light bulb. Like it had been snapped off at it's base (jagged glass edges and all) and he used his teeth to unscrew it. Now, Hunter has always been a little oblivious of dangers, but...seriously?!?
- Coleson was late getting out to the car the other day. We are all loaded up and waiting for him. Then he lazily walks out the door (like he doesn't have a care in the world- because I guess, really, he doesn't actually) and leaves it standing wide open. When he gets to the car I say "Coleson you left the door open- again." Then, and I'm not even kidding you, he turned around and earnestly looked at the door (like he was searching the door for some sort of hidden answer!). He starred and starred. We're talking like at least 30 seconds here of full-on questioning stare!! Then I said "Go close it!!!!" (Ohhhh...the answer he'd been waiting for!!) I required a deep cleansing breath after that one.
-Then, on like the same day, Hunter shot himself in the private parts with a Nerf gun (it was actually a ricochet off the wall). I happened to be coming around the corner at the exact moment he did this. Then he looks up at me with these innocent eyes and says "Mommy you know what? Private parts are sensitive." Uhhhh.....yep.

Maybe it's time for mom to have a vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha!!! My friends and I were taking cleansing breaths yesterday and chanting, "one more month till school starts again!"

    ReplyDelete