Friday, July 15, 2011

Duberstairs blankie


This is Katie all curled up in her favorite way with her "duberstairs blankie". I know- what is a duberstairs blankie right??? (In this case it's a small swaddling minky blankie made by Aunt Charlotte). I really don't have any idea where the name came from, though. When Katelyn was learning to talk and had just learned the word blankie, one night she went to bed and it was her "bankie" and the next morning it was her "duberstairs bankie". When I tried to just say blankie, she didn't know what I meant. I asked if she meant "up or downstairs blankie" but neither was it. And so it was duberstairs blankie. And so it has been ever since. Weird, huh? Cute.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! I didn't know she still used it! That sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete