Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ode to Hunter



Dear Teacher,
Please find attached to this note one six year old boy, much cleaner and quieter than usual and with a new hair cut and dungarees. With him go the prayers of his mother and father.
He's good at creating airplanes and chaos, very adept at tying knots and flashing melt-your-heart smiles. He especially likes mud, messes, playing the heroic knight, sticks made into swords, and his sweatshirt stuffed into his pants. He dresses to his own fashion sense.
He is allergic to staying clean, bedtime, taking out trash and coming the first time he's called.
He needs to be taught, loved, and reminded to blow his nose and think before he acts.
When you think you've just used your last straw of patience, he'll require more.
After having him in your class and on your nerves, you may not be the same, but I believe you'll be glad to know him because, while he strews books, toys and clothes, he has a special way of scattering happiness!
Written, I'm afraid, with much prejudice,
His Mother



Hunter started school again today. He is in a half-day class with the most wonderful kindergarten teacher ever- Mrs. Ayala. Coleson had her for kindergarten too. She is one of those amazing people that found her true calling in life. She is amazing. I am so thankful Hunter is able to be in her class at this time. I haven't decided if I will home school him again in the fall or not, but I don't want him to miss this opportunity to enjoy kindergarten. We are praying it goes well for him.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, that was the sweetest, best note ever written. You are such a good mom!

    Best wishes for Hunter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Kayli says! Let me know if he needs further references, I'd be happy to write a note myself!

    ReplyDelete