Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer work




There's always work to be done around the land. This year we added pigs and ducks to our chicken "livestock" :) So far so good with the pigs-except for one minor and entertaining escape (which I'll have to write about later- picture 5 people chasing 2 200 lb pigs bribing them along with marshmallows :). I had Jared snap a picture of me mowing with all the kids on with me, because that's how I usually do it. Everyone wants a ride- except Coleson who would way rather run the bobcat. There's always some project that he'd love to get to for us. A huge storm came through in mid-July and took out one of our biggest pine trees. It was a big job to cut up and move to the wood pile in the back field. (Thank you silly storm. I can think of at least a dozen other projects that I would've rather done than clean up after you.) Also, Jared and the kids finally finished building the coolest fort ever!!! They're planning a fort camp-out for when the heat breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment