Sunday, August 29, 2010

Conner's Prarie



This was our one and only Civil War reenactment this summer. Bummer. It was just too stink'n hot! And honestly, I was really not too into it with Ethan being a baby. Camping in our canvas tent with 4 kids (one being a baby) sounded like more hassle than fun. So- next year- I promise. But our day at Conner's Prarie was perfect. I finished Katie's dress and apron the night before and it fit her perfectly. Ethan's gown was an actual 1865 (ish) infant gown that I found from an estate auction (I heart Ebay). No, I didn't make my dress (my second dress is on the sewing machine- wish me luck). Coleson and Hunter love reenacting because to them it means camping, running, and playing (Hunter in bare feet) with little to no reserve. They had a blast showing park visitors how to play some pioneer games.

2 comments:

  1. You guys look utterly PERFECT!!!!! I love it- especially your outfit Sarah-- you're just so lovely and just look the part so well. It really looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete