Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grandma's Funeral

Dad came to visit and take care of things and get ready for the funeral.  Luckily we got to spend a few days with him too.  The kids were thrilled to see their grandpa. 
Since my dad's parents aren't members of our faith (though they were strongly devoted in their own church), the funeral wasn't LDS.  It was ok, but there is such a difference between LDS and non LDS funerals.  The eternal perspective is a major component of our beliefs. I feel so sad for grandpa.  He seems so lonely.  He clung to me today and wanted me nearby.  Even though grandma's daughters came, he isn't close with them.  And grandpa and I have always been so close.  Dad says that he's always been a sucker for me. 
It was hard to say good-bye to grandma, but mostly because I knew that grandpa would be next.  I almost can't stand thinking about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment