Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Family pictures 2011






 



Usually I spend days planning for our family pictures- from coordinating clothes and hairstyles to poses and location of the shoot. I put a lot of thought into it. But this year, not much of that. I texted Katelyn to see if she'd meet us at the park after work one day and just got everyone dressed in something nice and we went and did it. There's a park down the block from Jared's shop and the only idea I'd had was that it'd be fun to get a shot of us all coming down the curly slide in order from Ethan to Jared (which turned out cute but now I can't find on my computer). That's it. Our clothes didn't match (I'd already decided to just make it sepia and forget the color issue altogether) and Jared was even wearing a work shirt with a big ol' GLOCK insignia on it. But there was no whining or crying from anyone (especially Jared :) because they were trying to deal with mom's preconceived notions about how the event would go. I didn't spend days planning what each person would wear only to have someone spill down the only shirt that matches and then having to try and hide the spill behind someone else (not that that's happened before). It was just a lot less stressful. And dang cheap. I almost always end up heading out to the store for one shirt or sweater to complete everyone's ensembles. But not this year. And Katelyn did it for free and printing at Meijer cost me $24- for 8x10s and wallets and all of it! Nice.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Good job losing the stress of it-- they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete