Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our new ward building!!

It's finally here! We are in our new ward building!! It's so beautiful and so exciting. I have to admit it's been a lot of work getting ready though -and I just came on board a few months ago. Actually maybe it's BECAUSE I just came on board a few months ago- talk about overwhelming. But my counselors and secretary (who's really more of a counselor) have been AMAZING. I couldn't have done it without them. We came up with a beautiful display for our Open House this week. All the displays from every auxiliary were really nice (although Nicole said if there was a contest going we might have won it :) Jared's booth on food storage got to be right next to our Primary booth. And since we were both running our booths we got to spend most of Thursday and Saturday kinda together.

My mom said I should not underplay the value of what it has taught the boys in us preparing for this building. It has been a great learning experience. They got to see the construction when Jared was helping here and there with the building. And they got to help a lot with the moving in since they helped move in boxes and toys and clean toys from our toy drive for the nursery and just set up things. It's been a lot of work and a lot of fun. And the end product is just so beautiful. We are so blessed to have another ward building in the area. This building is just lovely.

I just realized I don't actually have a picture to post of the new building. I'll to have to snap one Sunday and post it.


1 comment:

  1. WAY good job!! I'm sure you put in a *TON* of work. I was completely floored when I heard there was a new chapel. Congrats for all of you!

    ReplyDelete