Monday, October 15, 2012

Insights

My parents came for grandpa's funeral and then stayed to visit for a week with us.  It's interesting the differences and changes that happen in a person's life.  The grandpa that my dad grew up with and the grandpa that I knew were almost like 2 different people.  Grandpa was younger then and had a lot of learning to do.  By the time he was my grandpa, he was different with me. 
But aren't we all that way?  My parents are different grandparents than they were parents.  Jared agrees that his parents have changed too.  I can even see a difference in my own parenting from when Coleson was a baby to Owen now.  Isn't that what we're meant to do?  Mature and grow in wisdom.  I guess it'd just be nice if when we die everyone doesn't say that we started out too bad or ended off too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment