Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

I realized today that I don't even have any pictures of Christmas 2010. We were leaving for Disney World the day after Christmas, so we had a rather small Christmas, but pictures would've been nice still. Actually I did take them, but I remember being at Disney World frantically going through my camera deleting pictures to make room for more (something I'd planned to do BEFORE) we got there, but hadn't. And when I got to the Christmas ones I was just sure I had uploaded them to my computer before we left. But alas, I must not have. So no pictures from Christmas 2010. Which is a bummer because Coleson and Hunter both got a pretty cool gift. Jared and I wanted to give them money to spend on the trip (and limit the number of "mom, I want that's") so Jared got $100 in 1 dollar bills. Then he taped 50 together and rolled it up. After the time it took to tape the 50 together he figured we'd just hand the other boy his money in an envelope. So the roll was to both of them (just so they'd both get the effect. Anyway, he rolled it up and made a little dispenser box for it. When the boys opened it together their eyes nearly popped out of their heads as they unrolled it- it stretched nearly from one end of the family room to the other. It was pretty cool- I have to say. Then we detached them all, and each boy had an envelope of 50 1 dollar bills for vacation.  What a great idea that was.  They were so extremely frugal with that money.  They kept a tally on the front of their envelopes of what they'd spent their money on.  Nature took over a little and Hunter was a bit more antsy with his money.  But he had plenty to spend.  So when we were at the Buzz Lightyear station on Day 1 of Disney World, and he just had to have the light spinner toy- he got it and loved it.  Coleson, naturally, hoarded his money all week and barely spent a dime.  He was saving it for the Star Wars exhibit at Hollywood Studios on Friday.  And it's a good thing he did because he found a place to build your own Light Sabers!  It was more money than I would've spent and that's ok because he had almost all of his left.  He happily (more like giddily) built his own saber and paid for it.  Jared and I still bought all the kids a few things through out the week, but they did enjoy getting their own money for Christmas to spend at the park.
--------------
Edit...I did find Christmas pictures!  Yay!  Here they are.









No comments:

Post a Comment