Thursday, May 26, 2011

My protector

So Hunter and I were driving to see a friend the other day and were driving the hideous big green van. It hadn't been driven in a while, so Jared had jumped started it and warned me not to turn it off or he'd have to come jump it again. Since I was going into town, he would also bring a grumpy attitude if I made him do that. Note to self. So I was explaining the situation to Hunter and asked him to help me remember to NOT turn off the car. Such a reflex thing to do when you park. Then Hunter was asking if dad would be mad at me. I explained that he wouldn't really be mad at me, just really annoyed. He said it was ok if I accidentally forgot, because he'd tell dad that he was the one who did it so dad would be mad at him instead of me. I just about melted right there in my seat! I told him I wouldn't let him do that because it wasn't the truth, but thanks for trying to help me. Hunter is always looking for ways to protect me- from the inevitable and always looming "bad guy". What a sweet sweet boy.

1 comment: